Saturday, September 5, 2015

Let the Journey Begin!

I can’t believe the day has already arrived for me to depart for my mission. As I sit here at the airport waiting for my first flight, I have such a mix of emotions. Goodbyes are hard and I can’t even explain how much I am going to miss my family and friends back home, but my heart is so full from all of the love that I have received, especially this last week. I have the most incredible, loving and encouraging people in my life and there is no way I could be doing this without their prayers and support. I am so excited to begin this journey.
For those of you who aren’t aware of my travel plans, I am flying into New York today and should arrive there around 2. After that, Taylor and I will fly to Cairo, Egypt where we have a 22 -hour layover. We have booked a tour there to see the pyramids and go on a Nile River dinner cruise which we are extremely excited about! Monday morning we fly into Juba, South Sudan. We will stay the night with the Salesians there and then head to Wau on Tuesday. It’s a long journey, but it’s all part of the adventure. Please continue to keep Taylor and me in your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. If your itinerary ran as planned, you're in Wau by now. We are keeping you both in our prayers. I hope the stay in Cairo was as exciting as you anticipated (good exciting, of course) and the travel was as smooth as it could be (am sure the road from Juba to Wau isn't very smooth!). God bless you!

    ReplyDelete